Fire Safety for Kids
Keep children safe from danger!
Have and practice an escape plan
It is important to have a plan when there are children in the home. Children sometimes need help getting out of the house, and they may not know how to escape or what to do unless an adult shows them.
Have a plan for young children who cannot get outside by themselves
You will need to wake babies and very young children and help them get out. In your plan, talk about who will help each child get out safely.
Know 2 ways out of every room
It is important to find 2 ways out of every room in the house in case one exit is blocked or dangerous to use.
Practice your fire escape plan at least twice a year
If children are old enough, help them practice going to your outside meeting place. Teach them to never go back inside a building that is on fire.
Keep our number handy in case of an emergency. We are available 24/7. Call SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores (586) 741-5050
Thunderstorm Season is Coming. Are you Ready?
Thunderstorm Season in Roseville, MI
Under the right conditions, rainfall from thunderstorms can cause flash flooding. Lightning is responsible for many fires around the world each year, and causes fatalities. Hail up to the size of softballs damages cars and windows, and kills livestock caught out in the open. Strong (up to more than 120 mph) straight-line winds associated with thunderstorms knock down trees, power lines and mobile homes. Tornadoes (with winds up to about 300 mph) can destroy all but the best-built man-made structures.
Storm and flood damage require specialized restoration techniques and equipment. When a storm hits your St Clair Shores home, you need the company with storm damage experience and expertise. SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions. Keep our number handy in case of an emergency (586) 741-5050.
Do's & Don'ts After a Flooding
Flood Season is Here in Eastpointe, MI
What to Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT to Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
If you experience a flood, call us @ SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores (586) 741-5050.
Tornado Safety Tips
Tornado safety in St. Clair Shores, MI
IF YOU ARE UNDER A TORNADO WARNING, FIND SAFE SHELTER RIGHT AWAY
- If you can safely get to a sturdy building, then do so immediately.
- Go to a safe room, basement, or storm cellar.
- If you are in a building with no basement, then get to a small interior room on the lowest level.
- Stay away from windows, doors, and outside walls.
- Do not get under an overpass or bridge. You’re safer in a low, flat location.
- Watch out for flying debris that can cause injury or death.
- Use your arms to protect your head and neck.
- Keep listening to EAS, NOAA Weather Radio, and local authorities for updated information.
- If you are trapped, cover your mouth with a cloth or mask to avoid breathing dust.
- Try to send a text, bang on a pipe or wall, or use a whistle instead of shouting.
- Stay clear of fallen power lines or broken utility lines.
- Do not enter damaged buildings until you are told that they are safe.
- Save your phone calls for emergencies. Phone systems are often down or busy after a disaster. Use text messaging or social media to communicate with family and friends.
- Be careful during clean-up. Wear thick-soled shoes, long pants, and work gloves.
Remember if disaster strikes, strike back by calling SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores (586) 741-5050.
Fire Safety Tips
Fire Safety in Eastpointe, MI
- Stay in the kitchen when you are using the stove. If you leave the room, turn off the stove.
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from space heaters. Turn off heaters when you leave the room or go to sleep.
- Ask smokers to smoke outside. Have safe ashtrays for smokers and don’t dump the ashtray into a trash can until any embers are completely out.
- Keep matches and lighters safely out of the reach of children.
- Check electrical cords for any damage and replace them if necessary.
- Keep candles several feet away from anything that can burn. Blow candles out when you leave the room or go to sleep.
- Make a home fire escape plan and practice it at least twice a year.
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month and replace batteries at least once a year. Replace any smoke alarm that is more than 10 years old.
- If you are building or remodeling your home, install residential fire sprinklers. Sprinklers can contain and may even extinguish a fire in less time than it would take the fire department to arrive.
Remember SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores is always Here to Help @ 586-741-5050. Save our phone number in your phone so that you can be Hero Ready if disaster strikes your home or business
We can process your contents as well!
If your business suffers water, fire, smoke or mold damage, the cleanup and restoration experts at SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores are the premier choice for content restoration and pack-out.
There are scenarios that require business content removal and relocation for prompt and thorough cleaning and restoration. If a business suffers fire and smoke damage, for example, it is often easier, more secure and cost-efficient to take certain contents to another location for restoration work.
SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores provides complete pack-out services. We will inventory and carefully and respectfully take the contents of your home or business to be restored, packed, and delivered to our facility. The pack-out process involves meticulous documentation to ensure your items receive the best possible care, including photo documentation, identification numbers and detailed lists.
Meanwhile at our SERVPRO location, your items are stored in a secure, climate-controlled environment. They remain there until the cleaning and restoration process is complete.
Content Pack Back
After content cleaning and restoration, items are returned to your business using the same inventory procedures and documentation employed in the pack-out process. Your items are loaded, transported and delivered with great care and then reconciled with original pack-out inventories.
Content cleaning and restoration is offered at our SERVPRO location and on select jobs and services performed. The availability and scope of content cleaning and restoration varies by location, job, insurance provider (if applicable) and other factors. If you have any questions, please give us a call at (586) 741-5050.
A Brand you can TRUST!
Did you know?
When asked why SERVPRO, here are a few reasons why we think you should choose us!
SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores professionals will work around your Insured's schedule. We appreciate your business!
We have over 1400 Franchises that all pull together during large disasters.
We have 24 hour emergency services for your emergency needs! No matter if it's a holiday or not.
We process your contents and inventory in house so you do not have to wait for multiple companies to help you get the job started.
We are trained, uniformed professionals.
We use secure, electronic job files with 24- hour accessibility to notify your insurance company with what is happening.
We have been serving America since 1967!
We are a trusted source for over 600 insurance companies!
We have a nationwide response team for Hurricanes, or national disasters that occur.
We have a national call center that can help you get the closest SERVPRO if you own multiple properties in other states.
In other words, just give us a shot and we can SHOW you why SERVPRO. Call SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores at 586-741-5050.
Contents Cleaning and Pack Outs
Another great reason to call SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores is not only can we help you with your dry out and mitigation, we can help you with your contents! When you basement floods or you have a fire, we can help you with your contents. All restorable contents in affected areas will be professionally cleaning and deodorized to preloss condition in most cases. We can even provided emergency cleaning of contents the customer will need immediately. If relocation is necessary due to extensive damage, SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores professionals are trained to properly move out and control the inventory of contents throughout the cleaning, restoration and deodorization process. We can then store the contents in our temperature controlled, insured warehouse until your repairs can be completed and you are ready to move back into your home or business. Give us a call at SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores at 586-741-5050 if you are in need of our services!
Why SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores?
The real question would be why not? When choosing a restoration company experience, knowledge and honesty should all matter. SERVPRO has been a trusted source in the industry since 1967. We have years of experience and have worked with numerous insurance companies to provide the homeowners the best services after a claim is filed. Most large carriers will call SERVPRO direct and have us do site inspections for their honest opinions on claims. While in the field we are able to provide your adjuster with a verbal briefing within 4 hours on your initial call! This really helps start your claims process on the right foot and get things moving. We are the trusted professionals in the industry that you can trust when your home or business is damaged. Call SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores at (586) 741-5050.
Why SERVPRO ?
FASTER WORK COMPLETION!
No more waiting days for a contractor to respond when every hour counts! SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores is dedicated to providing 24 Hour emergency service with SERVPRO's 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines. Within 1 hours from notice of loss, we will contact you to arrange for service. Within 4 hours we will be on-site to start mitigation services. Within 8 business hours, a verbal briefing will be communicated to the adjuster from our crew chief on site at your home or business. At SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores we have crews that are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for your emergency service needs. Please call SERVPRO of St. Clair Shores at (586) 741-5050.