What Can I Do While Waiting for Help to Arrive After a Fire in Grosse Pointe Shores Home?
Home fires happen more often during the winter months. Our local team in St. Clair Shores offers these tips from our website on things you can and should not do while waiting for help to arrive after a fire in Grosse Pointe Shores:
Fire Damage Safety Tips – While Waiting for Help to Arrive
After any fire damage situation, your safety should be the primary focus.
- Stay in the house only if it safe
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform
- Wet materials can be heavy
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If the electricity is off, empty the freezer and refrigerator and prop the doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Grosse Pointe Shores has a fire damage emergency, our local team in St. Clair Shores is Here to Help. ® Our technicians are on call and ready to respond 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Call us today at 586-741-5050.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.