Fire Safety For St. Clair Shores Babysitters?
During the holiday season, there are many social activities and parties to attend, which means babysitters are busy! Our local team in St. Clair Shores offers these babysitting tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Show the babysitter your home escape plan and make sure the babysitter understands:
- There are two ways out of every room
- Where the outdoor meeting place is located
- The fire department or emergency phone number
- The address of the home
- How to unlock all doors and windows
- Keeps your child at least three feet away from the stove
- Keeps your child at least three feet away from the microwave oven
- Never leave the room while cooking
- Keeps anything that can catch fire away from the stovetop
- Keeps pets off surfaces and countertops
- Get out of the home quickly with your child to safety when the smoke alarm sounds
- Use the second way out if smoke is in the way
- Get low and go under the smoke to the exit if an escape must be made through smoke
- Store matches and lighters out of your child’s reach
- Your babysitter should not use candles
- Make sure your babysitter keeps a three-foot “kid-free zone” around space heaters
Call Us Today!
When you have a fire damage emergency in your home or business in St. Clair Shores, our local team in St. Clair Shores is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 586-741-5050.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.