Do You Have a Home Inventory List in St. Clair Shores?
Our team in St. Clair Shores has been restoring property damage in St. Clair Shores for many years. An up-to-date home inventory list is beneficial when an insurance claim is required to repair fire or water damage. Here are some tips from the Insurance Information Institute for creating a home inventory.
- Pick an easy spot to start – A contained area—like your small kitchen appliance cabinet, sporting equipment closet, or handbag shelf—is a great place to get started.
- List recent purchases– Another way to start is with recent purchases—get into the inventory habit, and then tackle your older possessions.
- Include the basic information – In general, describe each item you record, note where you bought it, the make and model, what you paid, and any other detail that might help if you need to make a claim.
- Count clothing by general category (Jeans, shirts, etc.)
- Record serial numbers
- Check coverage on big-ticket items – Jewelry, art, and collectibles may have increased value and need special coverage separate from your standard homeowners insurance policy. While making your home inventory list, check with your agent to ensure you have adequate insurance for these items before a loss.
- Don’t forget off-site items
- Keep proof of value– Store sales receipts, purchase contracts, and appraisals with your list
Call Us Today!
When your home or business has property damage, our local team in St. Clair Shores is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 586-741-5050.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.