Fire Safety and Prevention Tips for Eastpointe
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), smoke alarms should be a key part of the home fire escape plan. A properly working smoke alarm provides early warning so you can escape quickly in the event of a fire. SERVPRO® of St. Clair Shores want commercial business and homeowners of Eastpointe to know that our specialty trained technicians can quickly respond to any fire damage emergency and immediately begin the cleanup and restoration process. Here are some safety messages about smoke alarms from the NFPA:
- Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home and in the basement.
- It is best to use interconnected smoke alarms. When one smoke alarm sounds, they all sound.
- Test all smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- Mount smoke alarms on the ceiling. Keep smoke alarms away from the kitchen to reduce false alarms. They should be at least ten feet from the stove.
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are ten years old.
SERVPRO® of St. Clair Shores wants business owners in Eastpointe to know that our highly trained professionals are available 24 hours a day to respond to any size fire damage emergency. Call us today at 586-741-5050 to find out about our fire cleanup and restoration services. We’ll take care of your fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of St. Clair Shores is Independently Owned and Operated.