Frozen Pipes in Grosse Point, MI
This is the time of year when your home’s pipes could freeze and cause damage and potential flooding
What to do if your pipes freeze:
- If you turn on your faucets and nothing comes out, leave the faucets turned on and call a plumber.
- Do not use electrical appliances in areas of standing water. You could be electrocuted.
- Never try to thaw a pipe with a torch or other open flame because it could cause a fire hazard. Water damage is preferable to burning down your house!
- You may be able to thaw a frozen pipe using a hair dryer. Start by warming the pipe as close to the faucet as possible, working toward the coldest section of pipe.
- If your water pipes have already burst, turn off the water at the main shutoff valve in the house; leave the water faucets turned on. Make sure everyone in your family knows where the water shutoff valve is and how to open and close it.
Take the necessary measures to protect yourself and your home from water damage and costly repairs. It is important to know who to call if you ever have a problem! Save our phone number at (586) 741-5050. We are always Here to Help – 24/7 our experts are standing by.