Flooding in Grosse Point Shores?
Flooding causes extensive property damage. Water will rapidly absorb into a structure, and the longer water is allowed to stand, the higher the cost of repairs. Fortunately, SERVPRO® of St. Clair Shores has a team of highly trained technicians on call 24 hours a day to respond to storm damage emergencies standing by to assist the residents of Grosse Point Shores day or night.
Here are some tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), on things you can do before a flood:
- Check to see if you have flood insurance coverage.
- Raise your furnace, water heater, or electrical panel if they are in areas of your home that may be floode
- Install “check valves” in sewer trap
- Construct barriers, such as levees, berms, or flood walls, to stop floodwater from entering the building.
- Seal walls in basements with waterproofing
- During a flood watch, furniture; move valuables to high points in your home; and unplug electrical appliances and move them to high point
- During a flood or flash flood warning, evacuate if you are advised to do so.
- During a flash flood warning, immediately seek higher ground.
- Keep your emergency supplies kit, including water, stored in an easily accessible, waterproof place.
When you have a flood or other storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of St. Clair Shores is Here to Help.® Call us today at 586-741-5050. We will clean and restore your storm damage in Grosse Point Shores “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of St. Clair Shores is Independently Owned and Operated.